SOC 8 Committee Process and Call for SOC 8 Co-Chairs
The process includes the criteria and nomination process for Co-Chairs, Chapter Chairs/Co-Chairs, Chapter Workgroup Members and Community Stakeholders
The first step in the process, active now is a call for 2 Co-Chairs to join Dr. Eli Coleman, Chair of SOC 8. If you are interested in applying, or wish to nominate a fellow WPATH member, please contact our Associate Director, Blaine Vella at firstname.lastname@example.org with SOC 8 Co-Chair in the subject line. Ms. Vella will send an application form which asks the candidate to describe how they meet the criteria listed in the link above. The deadline for the completed application including a curriculum vita is June 30, 2017.
SEEKING A NEW FULL-MEMBER CO-CHAIR OF THE WPATH STUDENT INITIATIVE
The Co-chairs of the Student Initiative engage graduate students in the field of transgender health through the programs offered by WPATH Student Initiative. The Co-chair position requires energy, creativity, initiative, good organization skills, and the ability to work cooperatively. The unpaid, volunteer position usually involves roughly 2-5 hours of time per week.
There are two Co-chairs of the WPATH Student Initiative. The Student Member Co-chair is a student member who is elected by the student members of WPATH. The next election cycle will begin in mid-to-late 2018. The Student Member Co-chair also serves as the Student Liaison to the Board of Directors.
The Full Member Co-chair is appointed by the board. We are now looking for a new Full Member Co-chair.
The Co-chairs together oversee all of the activities of the WPATH Student Initiative including:
- The annual WPATH Graduate Student Research Symposium, (which has been held for four years at the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference, but is not anchored to that event)
- Awarding Student Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Awarding Student Research Grants
- Writing sponsorship letters for student membership applications for students who do not currently know any full members in WPATH
- The WPATH Student Mentorship Project
- The student sections of the WPATH website and the Student Initiative Facebook page
- And finding and coordinating other WPATH members who volunteer to work on the above, and future, projects.
If interested, please send a statement of interest that includes any relevant experience email@example.com. The deadline to submit is July 15, 2017.
WPATH Supports Students Health and Safety
Please see official statement here
Save the Date!
WPATH 2018 Symposium – Buenos Aires
November 2-6, 2018
Hilton Buenos Aires, Argentina